Detroit must recognize the role a healthy environment plays in creating a city where people want to live, work, and raise a family.
1. Ensure environmental justice: protect and involve vulnerable populations in decisions that impact their lives
2. Protect and restore Earth’s resources: land, water, air
3. Engage affected residents to understand community needs and potential impacts
4. Leverage the connections between environmental solutions and health, safety, jobs, and education
5. Build on successful models in Detroit and from elsewhere